Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #1074 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
Angst and anxiety are actually two very different things.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
angst Audio Help /ɑŋkst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahngkst] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural äng·ste Audio Help /ˈɛŋkstə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[engk-stuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation. a feeling of dread, anxiety, or anguish.

Quote:
And I used to prefix "pseudo" because what Industrial means to me is a genre of mechanical-sounding noise and drone influenced directly by the noise experiments of the futurists and musique concrete, such as Throbbing Gristle, Nurse With Wound, Cabaret Voltaire and NON. Bands such as Oomph or Ministry or NIN, who basically take Coil's innovations and water it down with heavy metal are, to me, pseudo-Industrial.
You aren't very familiar with Oomph then, because Oomph's use of the synthasizer easily competes with even top tier industrial pioneers in terms of complexity, thickness, skill, etc.

Oomph! Filthy Playground - Song - MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music
OOMPH! Decubitus Vulgaris - Song - MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

There's a bunch of other songs I' give you but theey aren't uploaded. Also, don't just listen to the first 20 seconds, songs like these progress drastically.

Also, industrial metal is 'false industrial'.

Also, only laymen use the genre 'industrial metal' to describe Oomph. They are NHD, Electronica, EBM, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and a bunch of other things that we haven't invented names for.

Quote:
And you're right, I didn't have an argument. If anything I was trying to deconstruct your objective approach to writing off certain bands.
at least you admit it, unlike most of the people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

You act like what you listen to is so underground.
No... I don't...never said any such thing.

Quote:
You know, one thing that metalheads, indie fans and people like yourself who still think its 1999 all seem to have in common is your distate for mainstream pop.
Your point?

Quote:
Funny because I think pop has a lot more to offer than most genres, including metal.
It doesn't.

Quote:
I'd take my Michael Jackson, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Queen, Todd Rundgren and Stevie Wonder over your nu metal crap any day of the week.
I don't listen to 'nu metal crap'.

Also, you can keep them.

And at least 1999 was within a decade ago, screw your bland, BORING fucking 19970's elevator music.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote