Music Banter - View Single Post - What type of music fan is the worst?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #70 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Well sometimes they do...and this is coming from a guy who plays an instrument.

Anyways I forgot to mention the ones that absolutely annoy me more than any other people in the whole wide world.

Christian's fans who won't listen to anything outside of the spectrum of Christian music because they are too busy listening to that Christian punk with fake ass lyrics and stuff. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the Christian communities music and their messages. For one, the majority of them suck. I can count on one hand how many Christian bands I like. The second thing that I dislike is that they take pretty much the exact same music from a secular band, slap on some Christian-"sounding" (keyword: sounding) lyrics and then claim that the song is now holy. Seriously, it pisses me off more then anything in the world. Why can't they be like Thrice and right lyrics true to their hearts. Instead, they right lyrics inspired by fake happiness, which comes from the Christian thought that once you are saved you should only tell people about God and feel happy all the time. It is just too fake for me to handle at all. They really give Christianity a bad rep among people who actually are somewhat smart. They see Christianity as a way of getting a free ticket out of Hell, when it isn't. It is a ****ing lifestyle where you show God through love because "God is love," according to the bible. It does not mean spiting out scriptures in the name of the Lord and hoping people cry out to God wanting him to forgive all their sins. I get so sick of it. The worst part about it is that it doesn't stop at music, I see it in the church, I see it everyday Christians I meet, and I see it in my friends. This is all because of a false image that the Christian media forces people to think. Christians these days don't want to question anything. They never ponder why they have faith in God, and when they do end up doubting it is some stupid **** like, "Why doesn't God save all these people from these traumatic events?," while they sit on their couch surrounded by a house of TVs, piles of shoes, etc. Christians these days are the most selfish people I have ever met in my entire life.

I am embarrassed to worship at the same church as these scumbags and share a religion with them.

/endofrant, but seriously, don't let them ruin it for you. Instead, challenge a Christian whenever you see them because the chances are, they haven't even thought about living the life that Jesus lived, or as some would say, supposedly lived.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote