Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical tastes and personality
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I think it does. If your favorite bands are Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns N Roses and Led Zeppelin, While someone elses favorite bands are say The Smiths, Joy Division, The Cure and Nine Inch Nails. Then there obviously has to be some kind of difference in personality.

I think indie fans are people who are more concerned about the personal themes in music and the image associated with it a lot more than the music itself. They have a thing they perceive as authenticity and consider it a very important aspect of any art, and they're probably more into miminalism.

Prog fans are people who are most likely nerds who are not as interested about the emotional content of music and are more interested in things that are just aesthetically pleasing.

Metal fans more often than not look at themselves as social outcasts, but they tend to take pride in themselves, and they have no problem with showing off. Punk fans are similar but are usually more nihilistic and abrasive.

If you love a lot of different kinds of music and like just about anything. Then you're probably adventurous in nature and love to try new things.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote