Music Banter - View Single Post - King Crimson Vs. Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
That's exactly what's wrong with it, if I want to listen to In the Court, I'll put on in the Court. It's watered down and stale, Krim have progressed with each album with the sole exception of In the Wake.
So just because its in the same style its a bad album?

What a bunch of bull****. I'm sorry.

Red kinda sounds like Starless and Bible Black, I guess that makes it a bad album too eh? And of course it means its not progressive. Oh wait a minute, Fragile kinda sounds like The Yes Album, nope not progressive, Selling England by the Pound sounds like Foxtrot, not progressive, Gentle Giants first 5 albums don't sound that different, so not progressive.

And Zeppelin II sounds like Zeppelin I, ah yes bad album. Amnesiac sounds like Kid A, no originality at all, bad album. Magical Mystery Tour sounds like Sgt. Peppers, what a piece of crap.

You know, while we're at it since consistancy is such a bad thing lets just say that if any band has 2 songs that are of a similar style, that strips them of any artistic credibility. Oh oh, King Crimson sucks. Every band sucks.

ITWOP is an excellent companion piece to ITCOTCK. I fail to see how any album with tracks like Pictures of a City and Cadence and Cascade could be bad. Overall its a pretty damn strong album. Just because its in the same style as ITCOTCK dosen't take away from the quality of its content. Nor does it mean its not progressive. Have you ever heard of the term if its not broken don't fix it?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 05-16-2008 at 08:03 AM.