Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #145 (permalink)
Loser
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
In past years? Lol. Odom isn't even old, he's in his prime, great shape but now he's more experienced and I'd say his play this year disproves what you're saying about him. I never said Gasol was the greatest. But he's one of the best in the NBA right now. Bynum's inexperience will hurt him in the long run? Isn't that kinda'...Nonsensical? Well yeah, none of their bench players are great, but that's why their bench players. They've got a bunch of solid role players that do their job. But Phoenix? They run a 7 man rotation for God's sake! Utah has a mediocre bench, I don't know why you think they're better. Beyond Millsap and maybe Harpring they don't have much. Seriously, look at the bench scoring for the series...The Lakers are on of the best in the league in that category.
Age wise he might not be old, in "NBA years" he is. if you look at him when he was with the clippers there is a BIG difference, he is not in his prime at all he's been around the block, he's seen and done a bunch of stuff, saying he is in his prime is false. His play this year disproves what I said? he get's maybe 14 points a game with a 5-8 rebound night....With the Clippers he could easily get 20 and 10. And yes if you are not expierenced, you'll either choke or get so energetic you do something stupid, it happens all the time with kids coming right out of high school, look at Jermaine O'Neal. Phoenix has a deep bench that fits into the fast break system they put in place, they might not be exceptional players on a defense minded team but it works for what they do....Barbosa, Bell, Hunter, Skinner you can't tell me they don't have a decent bench for what they want to play. Dude, lakers bench isn't that great, you need bench scoring to win plain and simple but once you face teams like the Spurs, Detroit, Boston and others your bench isn't gonna do nothing. If you say their bench is better than those teams, your wrong....No doubt about it. And the players name is HASLIP not Millsap haha.
Loser is offline   Reply With Quote