Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #101 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

I don't know, I really started listening to music in '03, or some time around there. I listened to The Wallflowers, Steve Earle, or whatever my dad liked. Then, my dad started downloading a bunch of stuff and I got into Johnny Cash, CCR, and The Clash, U2, and other bands my dad liked.

Then, there was a point where I used to just listen to the radio, because my dad gave me little/no freedom of what I could download. I listened to a lot of hard rock and classic rock in that period.

In '05 - '06 I was into bands like Billy Talent, Green Day, Sum 41, Blink-182, stuff MTV called punk.

In '07, I just kinda listened to classic rock and pop-rock, but also a lot of punk rock, a genre I loved since my dad downloaded The Clash for me.

But since the start of this year I've been mainly listening to punk, pop-punk, post-hardcore, and assorted modern rock. I listen to The Who quite a bit as well, and my tastes have expanded to hip-hop, a genre I always hated.