Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you buy your instruments
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #36 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
nice. now i'm really interested to know how the rondo will compare hehe. i've read more than a few comments about how their guitars are better than gibsons and stuff. i'm not denying that people have said it, just wondering how many of them actually had the option of properly comparing both. picking up a gibson or a fender in the store and playing it for 10 minutes hardly counts as knowing the instrument hehe.
The man that mixes my music has over 30 years experience as a guitar tech/audio engineer and he already bought 2 of the Rondo Strats as well as this guy which he told me totally sounds the part of a quality Gibson (I may be buying this one in the near future as well). I trust this guys judgment which is why I went ahead and bought the Rondo Strat. I played one of his in his studio (for a few minutes) and I was impressed with how it played for such a cheap guitar. He said the only thing to avoid with the Rondo Strats was the ones with a "stop" tail piece and the ones that say "short scale" and always get them with a maple neck as Rondo hasn't gotten the Rosewood necks down as well.

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 05-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote