Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I Really The Only One?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
15Steps
The Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slint View Post
I agree with 4llurb4s3. How the hell was The Great Escape a bad album? If anything, it's tied for second place of their best albums behind only the great Parklife. But I have to say bull**** on the every song sounding the same on (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. Sure, it's not as good as Parklife, but it's still a fantastic album. If you think Oasis haven't been good since 1995, then you need to listen to Don't Believe the Truth, their latest effort. Sure, Blur may have changed from Parklife to 13 and Think Tank, but that doesn't stop 13 from being pretty good and Think Tank being a steaming pile of ****. Taking everything into account, I'm going to have to say that Blur and Oasis are about dead even. Both have had their ups and downs. As for the Modest Mouse comment, how the hell can you say that? Their best album was clearly The Moon & Antarctica, which came out in 2000.

dood, i said modests mouse's best stuff was 2001 and back, the moon and antarctica came out in 2000. disregard the original post.

also think tank was NOT a pile of sh*t, it was brilliance. listen to Out Of Time, and tell me it wasnt the best song of 2003. also Ambulence and Good Song are works of genius.

find me an oasis song that does ANYTHING out of the ordinary, whether it be time signature or anything that tries something new from what they have done in the past.