Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you buy your instruments
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

they sound the same because both guitars are drowning in fuzz.

i agree the $1800 difference is ridiculous but something else to consider is how well the instrument plays. how does the neck feel in your hands? more importantly. how will it feel in 10 years?

neither of those videos properly tested out the guitars either. playing a solo is not the best way to test an instrument. as lame as it sounds you should really check every note at every fret to make sure it rings clearly. then a few chords. let them ring. see how long the instrument carries the sound. does it fade away clearly or buzz on its way out? then maybe some soloing.

i think this comment from the 2nd comparison video sums it up best -

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube comment
I don't think a video camera mic off axis from the cab is the best way to compare, but I can definitely tell. The Agile has a lot more high end and lower mids. It is also louder. The Gibson has a more even sound. I'm no Gibson fan but the difference is noticeable. Neither of them sound great through this mic, the player is the only good sounding part.
i'm pretty sure you could have given the guy in the video a cheap ass epiphone special II and people wouldn't have really been able to tell the difference without looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote