Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #1147 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaspStar View Post
Nah, Elvis and the Beatles are the most overrated. Clapton deserves third place.
Nope, The Beatles deserve all their praise. Elvis does too. I would say Clapton is a bit overrated, not by much though. He is an incredibly gifted and important guitarist and Cream were awesome.

My problem with The Stones in comparison is that they are about as talented as any local band you could find within a 10 mile radius. But their praise mostly comes from writing fun and catchy music. Which personally I prefer a lot of other bands in that field anyway. Including the aforementioned Guns n Roses and AC/DC. I respect them more for their influence than their actual music.

Quote:
It's impossible to overrate Dylan, short of saying that everything he recorded was perfect.
Wow, you proved me wrong there. No wait, you proved my point perfectly. Its statements like that that I hear all the time and I don't ****ing care. I've been called an idiot simply because I don't like his music. And of course everybody should appreciate boring old folk songs as sung by a nose.

Take away Bob Dylans lyrics and what do you have? Music thats hardly distinguisable from anything Woodie Guthrie or Pete Seeger did before him. "But Boo Boo what about when he went electric?". He jumped on a trend started by bands like The Beatles and people made a big deal out of it. I personally don't care.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 05-24-2008 at 10:22 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote