Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex Pistols vs. Ramones
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #388 (permalink)
Nirvana_man
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphomet4all View Post
thats what great about opinions... you can have your own. still time proves the ramones were a better band... have the sex pistols been inducted to the rock and roll hall of fame? the ramones have. and who continues to get bigger? the ramones... proof? they play the ramones on classic rock stations now. but that doesnt mean you have to agree with me cuz all tastes are different.
I dont agree with what you just said, just cause the Ramones play on classic rock stations doesnt mean its cause they are better...just the fact that radio stations put Jessica Simpson on the radio is proof enough that radio airtime on a band or person shouldnt tell how good a band is or not.

Going back to the rock n roll hall of fame, you seem to forget the Sex Pistols were inducted, but the band refused and wrote a letter writting something about he would piss on those who voted them in or something like that. Say what you want to say about Malcolm Mclaren using them as a boy band for commercial gain, the reason they ended was cause of the band member beind fed up of all the bull**** Mclaren put them through, so to me that is punk enough considering they wanted no part of all that **** that came with it, they hated Mclaren and they hated how he used them all for monetary purpouses or simply for creating feud among themselves.

Now back to the question, I think its unfair to comment who was better between a band who released 1 album vs a band who released god knows how many. Both were good, well I enjoyed both of their music, however I still believe Nevermind the Bollocks was awesome.