Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #1185 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I assumed it was a jab at me. Its not trolling, Boo boo discredits an entire aspect of musical appreciation and I'm the one whose trolling.

The problem with you Ethan is if it doesn't adhere to whatever fickle fad you're following on a given day you make catty remarks about it.
Well I'm never dumb enough to base my entire musical opinion on how much soul something has and how much soul another poster has. Which is sad seeing as thats basically what your argument boils down to. I Wanna Hold Your hand touches me more than Sympathy for the fucking Devil ever will and it's one of the Beatles worst songs. See how that works? Now I could turn around and say because you disagree you have no soul but does that prove anything?

Quote:
As for the Dylan lyrics, I don't see how those are bad, its more for aural acrobatics than it is supposed to be some monument to good writing. The words have purpose, its just a musical one.
See I never said the lyrics didn't fit the song or anything even you admit it's not a 'monument to good writing' which is what I'm getting at.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote