Music Banter - View Single Post - MLB Thread
Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
joderu95
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
The Mariners of the 90's were the best team ever. They had:
Ken Griffey Jr.
Alex Rodriguez
Jay Buhner
Edgar Martinez
Tino Martinez
Randy Johnson
And they were the best team ever to watch. They were also the best people ever. They built my family a fire, when we were out freezing one night on Mt. Rainier. God bless you M's.
I saw them dozens of times. They had a lot of offense but it didn't do them any good did it? I didn't miss Rod, Johnson or even T. Martinez for very long. The first two are a-holes with the first not being able to come through in the post-season and whose greed knows no limits, the second acting like the unprofessional baby he is and quitting on the team in the last year of his contract but the last was a classy guy who could hit for avg. and power. It's just that 1st base seems like about the easiest spot to find another guy who can do the same thing. Olerud filled that void nicely.

But my main reason for posting here today is to vent a little about this miserable 2008 team. My god this team sucks. I can't express it harshly enough. They can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag with samurai swords (and Ichiro should know he wields one). Trading for an old and busted Griffey, Jr. is not the answer either, not by a long shot. The team needs to go out on the town and find a group of slump-busters and lay the lumber to 'em, it's our only hope.