Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #1686 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
The Byrds gave Dylan's Mr Tambourine Man the full electric treatment, pretty much pioneering folk rock (though they weren't the only ones, I'm not claiming that - there were others at the same time). Albums like Mr Tambourine Man, though yes it had numerous covers, were the most important of the early emerging folk rock sound.
Bob Dylan released Bringing It All Back Home only like two months after that song came out and it was much more folk rocking than the Byrds could ever hope to be.

Quote:
Yes, the Beatles did influence Pet Soundes as Brian Wilson himself said - but not the actual sound that Wilson created.
So? They still influenced. Brian Wilson had never heard anything like Rubber Soul before. Brian Wilson :: Official Web Site Read that, Pet Sounds simply wouldn't have happened without Rubber Soul.

Quote:
Dudes, I love the Beatles. I'm not trying to discredit them. I'm just trying to make sure they get the right credit for the things they really did do, not for the things they didn't. I've listened to the albums I quote, I have them on my computer - I'm not trolling. We can discuss the albums elsewhere if anybody wants. I'm trying to make a good discussion here, not annoy people.
You're claiming the Beatles were basically unoriginal style thieves, that's discrediting them.