Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #1688 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Sitar had been in folk rock elsewhere.
Folk/=/Pop

And heres something that might be fun, try citing some damn examples.

Quote:
The foundations were looking pretty good in 1966. I don't see why it would have sucked. I think it would have been pretty much the same.
Absolutely not.

The Beatles directly influenced a lot of important prog artists.

The Beatles influence on Gilmour era Floyd is pretty clear. Yes were very inspired by The Beatles as well as influenced by them, and even covered Every Little Thing for their debut album. Robert Fripp also admires the Beatles, Fripps former band Giles, Giles & Fripp played folk rock influenced by The Beatles, and The Beatles had a strong influence on King Crimsons early work, they covered songs like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds when they first formed, hell they even did a song about them called Happy Family (from Lizard). Genesis were also influenced by The Beatles, in fact their first album From Genesis to Revelation was VERY Beatles-esque.

And there you go, Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson and Genesis. The 4 most important bands in progressive rock. None would be here without The Beatles.

Quote:
I agree with that. They put it into an accessible, catchy, memorable format.
And for a pop group, what they did was hella original.

Quote:
The latter is a more profound idea.
So blending nearly every genre into one giant melting pot is not innovative but simply playing Woodie Guthrie songs on electric guitar is?

Quote:
Wasn't a Beatles idea, and was created by Capitol, so I don't think it should be referred to as a Beatles album.
GOD.

What is WRONG with you? It was released as an album, therefore it's a freaking album, why is that hard to swallow? I'm talking about the songs on the album more than the album as a whole.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.