Music Banter - View Single Post - Strat/LP Sound Influence Your Preference in Bands?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackledNitro View Post
Dude, chill. I can see this is making you upset.

And for what it's worth, yes, I can. Some listeners look for a sound the same way musicians/bands look for a sound and certain types of guitars make certain types of sounds. Some you prefer, and some you don't.

Perhaps I could have stated this question a little differently, i.e. single coil vs. humbucker sound. My bad.
The VAST, the INSANELY VAST differences between the rigs of two guitar players playing the SAME GUITAR, make your point completely fruitless. Steve Vai plays a humbucker equipped guitar. So did hendrix at some points, so does satriani, eklundh, michael angelo, michael romeo, even some of the legendary single coil heroes like SRV and Buddy guy used humbuckers on some studio recordings!

The differences between amp, strings, pickups in specific rather than just types, strings, body wood, playing style and touch make VASTLY more difference than you would implicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote