Music Banter - View Single Post - Not so good songs on Great albums
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #110 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Boy View Post
Just because it's not some cliche rock track doesn't make it filler. I don't see what people's problem with it is it really pulls the album together for me no other track on that album is so desolate or impersonal.
so the rest of 'OK computer' is a bunch of cliche rock tracks? just how much of 1997 do you really remember? the track sounded like an aural experiment with the mr. roboto voice to split the sides of the album. paranoid android sure as crap didn't sound cliched compared to the rest of the music being routinely broadcast on music channels back when the bulk of their airtime was actually videos.

at this point, knowing what direction the band would eventually take, the track has more value as being indicative of where the band would eventually head off to with kidA.

at the time, and keep in mind this was pre-napster, let alone the idea of downloading entire discographies. it sounded out of place, like a piece of filler to split the sides. hell, you could have found it on cassette if you looked hard enough back then.

just because it's an early piece of thom yorke electro-ramblings doesn't automatically make it gold. you like it, fine, i'm gonna keep skipping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote