Music Banter - View Single Post - Strat/LP Sound Influence Your Preference in Bands?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
spook
Music Addict

Yeah, a massive difference between them all.

Don't get me wrong, they're all great guitars, which he doesn't change any settings for. The Strat is massively versatile, and has a few unique sounds, especially in the "in Between" positions on the selector switch.

The Les Paul has a bit more "Grunt" and sustain, but to my ears,the Eggle, (Yeah, I think it's a "proper" one), has a more "rounded and finished" tone, and beats the Les Paul hands down on sustain.Plus it has the coil taps, etc, which make it a more versatile instrument than both the others.

When he bought the Eggle he compared it side-by-side with a PRS in the shop - same amp, same settings, and the PRS lost the race "by a clear amount".

We spent a few years in a band with just Drums / Bass / Guitar, and it wasn't until he bought the Eggle that our sound was truly complete - my opinion, and that of some of our regular "Punters".

I guess in the end it's about individual ears and tastes.