Music Banter - View Single Post - Anarcho-Capitalism
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

I didn't really understand this concept. In reading through, it said that it basically wanted to do away with government, with the exception of police, courts, and judges, and it seemed to suggest those would be funded by the free market, since there aren't taxes, which would create an endless amount of police corruption. Their only incentive would be to make money, by constantly fining and arresting people for stuff they didn't even do.
Also, without taxes, you could still have water in the free market, although the highly sophisticated process of dillusion, and water testing, things of that nature may no longer be as viable. How would you control sewage? There's no money in that. How would we build roads? We would have no incentive, since they don't make money, unless they instituted an outrageously expensive toll system.
Also, in the critique, it said something about needing to be protected against the protectors. I'm not sure exactly what it was talking about. What is this system's policy with advocating and handling war? Sorry, I got tired reading that and couldn't understand all of it.
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote