Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #1227 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
With Boo boo, I don't think he likes the use at all. Springsteen looks like he's having a heartattack on stage
Nah, thats just his constipated "hey look I'm being passionate" face.

Quote:
everytime he plays, he works his craft over and over. I don't think its out of line to say he's got more passion than a Pete Yorn or something. And I cetainly think its a reason that he's better.
Its horrible reasoning. Melody, rhythm, harmony, atmosphere, musicianship. These are things that go into making good songs. Passion is something you can't even objectively indentify, let alone measure.

Quote:
Passion tends to lead to better overall products
I think you mean more marketable products.

And thats really all it is, a marketing term.

Quote:
, just because I cite it in a song isn't wrong though. When the White Stripes opened for the Stones, Jack White said they were still arguing over how to play "Satisfaction." Their not just going through the motions as a lot of detracters would suggest looking at their ticket prices.
I never got all this "The Stones have a lot of passion" hoopla. I guess playing rock n roll is all you need to have "feeling" these days.

Your idea of passion seems really contrived to me. I mean you called John Lennon one of the most passionless songwriters in history, and this is the guy who f*cking wrote Plastic Ono Band.

Just what is your idea of passion anyway? Making retarded faces, adding some hand claps and doing some windmill strums and scissor kicks?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote