Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #628 (permalink)
the_dp
Self Reliant Independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
ok first of all you insulted just about every radiohead fan saying "I know many people love them, but many people also love Laguna Beach and The Hills." so i stand by my attack upon your IQ. second, i'm not comparing them stylistically to Pink Floyd but rather used Floyd as an example because it was a prominent experimental band so the idea of the comparison could be easily accessed and understood. the idea is that just because something sounds like a bunch of random noise to you doesn't mean that that is what it really is... it takes multiple listenings to fully appreciate all of the subtle nuances and recognize the importance of the "pretentious gargle" as you called it

and i really don't enjoy pablo honey all that much honestly so i'll have to turn down your offer
no, I insulted radiohead. you insulted my IQ based on my thinking a band sucks. thats a pretty bold generalization and is typical of almost every hardcore radiohead fan, that if you don't like the music, its somehow your fault and you must walk around your farm all day toting a shotgun and listening to Guns'n'Roses. I assure you, I don't think liking Radiohead makes you a bad person or stupid. I just think they suck and have drawn people into liking their suckness.

To reiterate. You question my IQ because I don't like a band. Think about that for a second. Let it stew. How much of a loser does that make you sound like? You basically have confirmed the stereotype of pretentious angry psuedo-intelligent radiohead fan. congratulation.

Furthermore, I listen to many band who create more complicated, intelligent and listenable compositions than Radiohead does. Van Der Graff Generator, Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, M83, The Nice . . . I could go on. These are amazing bands. I don't feel Radiohead can match them even closely.
the_dp is offline   Reply With Quote