Music Banter - View Single Post - Edumuhcation
Thread: Edumuhcation
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Default Edumuhcation

I realize a lot of you are in high school. My memories of high school are nothing but a blur of social ups and downs. Sadly, It didn't have much educational impact on me; I didn't have good teachers, classes were disengaging, and the learning atmosphere was disturbed.
Higher education is a step better, but most of the classes I have taken as an undergrad go over my head. Most of the material is taught in a manner so you remember it for an examination, then forget it the following semester. For me, the course that stuck with me is Medicinal Chemistry, the study of drugs and their biological activity. I dunno why, but it was taught in a manner that made learning the primary goal, not obtaining a grade.
So, was their a class that impacted you in a big way? Something you really got out from it and still remember today. I hope not everyone says sociology and phsycology classes.
Also, I've been told that most of Europe seems to have a better lower-level education program than the U.S. What is the US doing differently and what can be improved?

(BTW, I'm fully aware that most of you probably dont give a f*ck)