Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #671 (permalink)
the_dp
Self Reliant Independent

proggy man, no matter what I dislike about Radiohead, I respect that you like them and that is okay by me. I just think their music blows. When I think creative I think stuff like Captain Beefheart or later Frank Zappa. Radiohead just doesn't do it for me dude. Nothing tangible. I think it might also be because I really loved Pablo Honey when it came out. I used to steal the cd from my sister as much as possible. So when The Bends came out we bought it and sat there in the car with a "What the ****?" expression on our faces. And you will find that most people who were fans from the beginning feel this same way. To this day, she still listens to that album and so do I. But being products of the whole Nirvana/Smashing Pumpkins/Mudhoney era, we just weren't able to like what they became. And as I got older I tried to give their later stuff a listen. But it just never did anything for me.

In fact, when the new GTA game came out, I thought the song from the commercial was Radiohead and I was like, WOW! but then I realized it was the Greenskeepers.

Aside from Radiohead though, I am a huge fan of Johnny Greenwood's score on There Will Be Blood. He was basically robbed at the Oscars.
the_dp is offline   Reply With Quote