Music Banter - View Single Post - The Case For/ The Case Against..
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]Quite a bit of filler as well, there's nothing wrong with songs like Stay Away and Lounge Act but they're hardly interesting.[/I] You could say the same of Bleach but but then its all with that sludgy sound which i prefer far more.
It sounds like a trend to say that nevermind is their worst album considering it became so sucessful.....but
imo lounge act is the best song on the album. and stay away is great to how could you not like a song where someone is screaming 'god is ***'? but undoubtly nevermind is their most accesible album, why do think it became so big? my favorite overview of nevermind
Quote:
We'll pass on the chance to add to the Kurt Cobain cliche heap and instead offer seven thoughts about the finest album of the 90s.
1. Prior to Nevermind's release, the charts were ruled by Paula Abdul, Roxette and Michael Jackson, so anyone who claims they saw Nirvana coming is, uh, lying.

2. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (a title that paid ironic tribute to a deodorant for adolescents) may be the album's worst song.

3. "Lounge Act," built on Krist Novoselic's rubber band bass riff and Cobain's slowly intensifying vocals, may be the best.

4. "Breed" and "Territorial Pissings" prove Cobain's love for the Sex Pistols.

5. "Lithium" and "Drain You" are his tribue to the Beatles.

6. Dave Grohl is a far better drummer than his idol John Bonham.

7. "Something in the Way" is the best evidence that, for a few minutes, Cobain was able to turn misery into grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote