Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
well I just meant he was a mod and his enforcement of intelligence was more rigid.

His famous line was something like "sigh...boring spam deleted"
If we deleted the *ahem* less intelligent posts on here, we would surely be enforcing even more elitism by suggesting that many posters have less intelligence than the mods? One sentence posts from new posters are annoying as hell, but if we delete everything then those new posters are scared off straight away. This site can be as educational as it can be entertaining and deleting every post that does'nt always fit our criteria could be detrimental in the long run.

This segues into something else that I wanted to mention. Sometimes we all have to remember that most of us were all young once and generally musically naive. Many new members arrive and if their tastes are genre specific or commercially orientated, then we should encourage them instead of jumping on their backs straight away. I myself am guilty of this on occasion and it should be reminded that the lifeblood of any forum is new members. I have already heard a lot of new bands from these boards, so let's hope that we continue to promote unknown bands and be nice to fellow noobz.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote