Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #1739 (permalink)
the_dp
Self Reliant Independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
There are countless bands/artists influenced by him. In every genre also.

One you would never guess is Wyclef Jean, he states Dylan as one of if not his main influence.

Black Crowes
Neil Young
Michael Stipe
John Lennon
Jimmy Hendrix

And these are just a few of probably hundreds. These are not made up by me or anyone else, these artists have actually told reporters or media that he was one of if not the most influential in making there music.

edit: and think of the countless times his songs have been remade. The biggest being All Along the Watchtower. And your telling me he doesn't influence anyone!!!

edit2: Dp you do not back up anything you argue, and also calling people dbags doesnt help your case
All Along the Watch Tower is notable, but not even one of Hendrix better songs. If they are my opinions then I do not need to back them up other than with my opinion, which is kind of redundant. You are clearly just offended that I have a differing opinion, being a music snob and whatnot. If someone calls me a liar for my opinions I feel obligated to point out their buffoonery.

I said the guy is overrated and you people prove my point. You can't say "wow, he really sang that song well." or "wow, his guitar was wonderful on that song" or "wow, that song meant a lot to me." it is just some dumb understanding that people have that he is good. He isn't wasn't and no artist that was primarily influenced by Dylan is good. The Black Crowes? One hit wonder suckfest. Wyclef? Come on! Michael Stipe? Self-important crybaby political ponce. John Lennon? WAAAYYYY overrated. Jimmy Hendrix? Like'em, but not THAT influenced by Dylan; and probably more Chuck Berry than Dylan. Neil Young? Many influences and far superior to Dylan in songwriting, singing and performing, not to mention more of a contemporary than anything. And which of those artists are actually new? none, because younger generations are smart enough and not too brainwashed to realize Dylan was pure crap.