Music Banter - View Single Post - My controversial views on religion (Christianity mostly)
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Skinny.
Groupie

Default My controversial views on religion (Christianity mostly)

I've been thinking it over and listening to some interpretations of the bible (watch the first third of Zeitgeist) and I'm certain christianity is bollocks. Jesus was pretty much proved not to exist (see obove), heaven is a fairy tale explanation for what's going on in death, created in old times to stop people from fearing death and the mith has somehow survived into modern times where you think people would be smart enough to have worked out you don't sit on a cloud forever after your body shuts down. The mith of hell was created by people in power a long time ago to keep the masses in order and again, somehow the mith has survived into modern times where you think people would have realised that if there was a god the way the church and the bible describes it, he wouldn't put you in a place like that for any reason. There is no devil, because if god was powerful enough to kick him out of heaven, god would be powerful enough to stop the devil from persuading us to do evil. All bollocks.

Also, if this life was to test our spirits, why wouldn't god tell us so himself. They say it is to test our faith, but we need to develop faith to have it tested and people in robes retelling old propaganda and explanations for things we can now explain our selves with the various forms of science we have that have logical explanations for diseases and numerous things the bible tries to exlplain just isn't enough to develop lifelong faith. It just isn't going to cut it.

I stated earlier in the thread that having religion is good becuase it teaches morals ect., but maybe it's doing more harm than good. With such a large percentage of people shutting out the logic and believing in tall tales that have no meaning in reality, how much can humanity accomplish? As we (the human race) advance more people are turning thier back on religion and they are realising what a pile of crap it all is. Wich leads to this point, if we advance and simultaniously begin to shut out religion, it could work both ways, meaning, if we all stop listening to this **** we would advance quicker and have a better chance at answering questions like "why are we here?" or "what happens after death?" rather than accept what is clearly a load of bollocks if you look hard enough, as the answers to the important questions, wich could be answered.

I'm not sure what happens after death (probably nothing) but if we just accept what the bible tells us happens (with no proof) then we will abolish any hope of finding out what happens at death, before the time comes, so if you believe what the bible says, you're in for some disapointment, or if, like me, you've decided not to take what certain people say as fact with no proof, then you'll just have to wait and see unless we all wake up.
Skinny. is offline   Reply With Quote