Music Banter - View Single Post - My controversial views on religion (Christianity mostly)
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
how does choosing to believe in the message the producers of zeitgeist push mean more than choosing to believe the message any other preacher pushes?
Zeitgeist is a terrible example but I'll attempt to field this question. Skepticism holds basis in known, observable reality, blind faith is just blind. Believing in something real has more value than believing in something that doesn't exist. You can accomplish more scientifically when your brain functions in the reality of existence as opposed to the falsehoods of ancient texts. Skepticism cures diseases, faith does not. Skepticism asks the questions that are important in hopes of getting a real answer, faith claims to have the answers and then searches for the questions which skepticism hasn't answered yet as "proof" for its claims. Therefore I can conclude skepticism has more validity and usefulness until some faith can be proven empirically true.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote