Music Banter - View Single Post - My controversial views on religion (Christianity mostly)
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Personally, no. My skepticism derives from wanting to understand things. There doesn't need to be a belief to be questioned, just a thing to be questioned.

However, I want to make another point. Faith is not invalid if derived from rationality. If you honestly observe what you know and it brings you to belief that belief isn't invalid. Not all rational lines of thought bring you to the right answers always and even science is often wrong. The difference is science intends to correct its errors where faith does not.
absolutely, but that's all about personal perceptions of life. i don't think it's science so much as the individual scientists who intend to correct its errors. which can also be said about rational devout individuals, you can find close minded zealots on both sides of the science/religion fence.

as for you're comment about 'rational lines of thought bring you to the right answer'. while i agree with the sentiment, how can anyone really define 'the right answer' for anyone else's existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote