Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone like janes Addiction
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #66 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubPop View Post
Sorry Dave I can beat ya there, i first saw JA live in 1991 :p , and they were amazing.

So much inexperience and misguided dislike for them in this thread!

Janes are one of the classic alternative rock bands or the late 80's/ early 90's that really paved the way for so much great music after them. I can imagine kids dissing them based on the album they relased a few years ago as it didn't live up to the hype surrounding the band, but seriously "Nothing Shocking" and to a lesser extent "Ritual....." are a couple of truely landmark albums. There is hardly a bad moment on either of these albums I would give them both 5 stars.

And as for someones call RE: Dave made a better album with RHCP.....LOL that is funny

yeah, but i seem to recall the list of bands you saw in the late 80s / early 90s as being pretty freaking impressive hehehe. i was a very sheltered teen out on the far end of nowhere on the wrong coast of canada back in those days hehe.

as for the misguided dislike, i didn't actually read through this thread until just now. WOW

really though.

as far as navarro and the chili peppers go. it was one of those situations that looked really good on paper but failed in practice. 'one hot minute' isn't a horrible album, but it's not really that good either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote