Music Banter - View Single Post - My controversial views on religion (Christianity mostly)
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

You know, its nearly insufferable to deal with these arguments. I don't care for religion in the slightest and I love Hitchens and Dawkins, I've seen their interviews, and watched their speeches and I agree whole heartedly.

But then I get people, as I have here that make arguments against religion with the same amount of facts and logic as those they argue against. Such poorly thought out ideas such as "well if God is all powerful why doesn't he just blah blah blah."

And I think, the idea of God is foolish, but more foolish is the idea that something like God would be able to be understood by people in general. One wouldn't suspect that Beatles could possibly dictate our actions given our evolutionary advantage. Wasps, while nest builders wouldn't have the concept or architecture. So to suspect that because you've seen some half-assed intellectually bankrupt film and therefore you're smart enough to dictate what God would do should he exist is far more foolish than turning up in heaven with 70 virgins.