Music Banter - View Single Post - C'mon bruvs, let's bloody well do 1965-1969!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
lets not open it to all the 60's. Way too much great music. Just make the other list pre-1965 and I'll spearhead it because I was the only one alive then.
Better keep it whole 60s. Not that many people on the boards will be familiar with such a large range of 60-64, especially since most the stuff from that era that has any chance of being able to seriously compete with 65-69 is within various non-rock genres like jazz and obscure folk. More importantly the album/LP as a unified statement didn't really start to become a dominant format until the later 60s with albums like Freak Out!, Sgt Pepper, Blonde On Blonde and so forth - in which case much of the material from the earlier 60s automatically can't really compete as they aren't really "albums" in quite the same sense. In sum, I don't think there's much harm in having this span the whole decade. There'll be space for the good stuff from the early 60s - hopefully nothing from early 60s rock'n'roll will be nominated as it was all totally substandard compared to what came later on and practically 98% of the albums were half-filled with covers.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote