Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Never-ending A to Z
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

1 Speed Bike - Someone Told Me Life Gets Easier In Your 50s - 2005

The 2nd 1 Speed Bike album sees pretty much the same thing as the previous album , only even more political witterings and with even longer more stupid song titles.The drums on this album seem to be even louder than they were before. After 4 songs i'm seriously getting pissed off with the constant THUD THUD THUD with no hint of any sort of melody in sight. So when the 5th song 'Klootzak Keizer Intro' with an actual tune & some lyrics come in it's a blessed relief.
The next song on the album 'Vanilla Ice Corrals His Pet Wallaroo, Bucky, Into a Trailer, After It and His Goat Pal, Honcho, Escaped From a Relative's Home' see's the thudding return and my interest waning even more.
By song 7 (8 Months Stuck in a Shipping Container With 12 Jehovah's Witnesses) I really can't tolerate this album anymore and want to turn it off. By the 8th song I HAVE turned it off. Which is a shame as I was really looking forward to such songs as 'My Dick Is This Small Because It's -40 Degrees F' and 'Shoving the Guardian Up My Ass While Binge Drinking With a Hoodie On' or the classic 'Will Death Stop Lenny Kravitz's Ego?'. Also a shame because the first album showed a bit of promise.
I'm sure there are people who like this album somewhere , but for me it takes more than personnelle from a band with indie cred and some silly song titles to impress me.

0.5/10

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote