Music Banter - View Single Post - Rocco DeLuca & The Burden
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Default Rocco DeLuca & The Burden

I Trust You to Kill Me

Rocco DeLuca, the love of my life. This artist extraordinare, dobro playing, lyricist and songwriter, emotive singer and talented musician heads the four person American alternative rock/ indie band derived from Long Beach.

With Ryan Carman on drums, Dave Beste on bass, percussionist Greg Velasquez, and Brett Bixby on keyboard, RDB formed in 2005 after DeLuca was discovered by independent record label Ironworks (co-founded by Kiefer Sutherland and Jude Cole).

In 2006 RDB released their first album, I Trust You to Kill Me featuring the single Colorful. With punchy instrumentals and deep, catchy lyrics, I Trust You to Kill Me is a unique and original sound against other uprising bands of the same genre.

Another outstanding example of the bands talent is the song Swing Low, an upbeat yet spiritual take on the famous Swing Low Sweet Chariot.

I discovered Rocco DeLuca & The Burden when they opened for a Collective Soul/ Live concert last summer, and I've been hooked ever since. I am constantly searching for more of their work, and I listen to the album at least once a day.

I would give this album a definite 10/10.
My favorite song on the album is Colorful. It's my "feel good" song.
My favorite lyric is from the track Mystify: "When my eyes hit the ground/ That means i'm afraid to succeed/ But it's a high to be down/ Praying for this disease"

You can find more on this artist here.

PS- I'd post a picture, but photobucket is currently being hijacked....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote