Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst kind of music?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo237 View Post
For me the genre that I hate the most has to be country & heavy metal. I hate them both with a passion. I hate country for the twang and heavy metal for the fact you don't know what the hell their saying.
If you listen to metal you can understand what they are saying. There is a small amount of brutal death that I have a hard time understanding. Other than that I can understand almost all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
I don't get why people hate country music so much. It has always puzzled me just why it gets quite so much flak as it does.
My problem with country music only lies with post 1990 country. This pop music that is trying to pass for country just doesn't fly in my book. They exploited a good genre of music with this steamy turd that they want to call country.
The past flak that country has gotten seems to come from the fact that it was mainly based from gospel. Later on, when you look at country from the 60's through the 80's, the themes were not something that popular society understood or could relate to. Thats why country remained on the fringes of popular music and made a few crossovers.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote