Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Dead Kennedys/Jello Biafra Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

sorry for the double post but anyway

The point I was trying to get across is the fact that DK never strayed entirley away from there politcal roots, never even got close to doing it. Like you say new issues arised. At the time MTV get off the air wasnt just another anti mtv song it was THE anti-mtv song. MTV was new, its not like today when its an everyday punk song topic, it was fresh and original. Times changed, difgferent mindless trends developed and the DKs took them on. Unfortunetly these trends overcame the band in the end.

As for the penis landscape thats part of what 80's hardcore was. Again you have to refer to the time frame. Its not like today when you see a kid with a mohawk or a **** bush shirt walk down the street and you dont bat an eye. Back then this was something unique and extrordinary. The penis lanscape was more than a piece of shock rock leeking into the hardcore scene. It was practicly a metafor for the entire movement(in my opinion). Something that is entirley vulgar and disgusting to people on the outside but to the inquisitive(and strong stomached) it was a piece of art. Just anopther thing that a hardcore kid would understand but not an adult at the time. The idea that they were just using it to sell albums is pretty much bunk as anyone who acctually listens to the dead kennedys lyrics could tell you.

DEATH TO FALSE DUDES!
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote