Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Whats the american economy got to do with a British publication suggesting that these two candidates are the best two we've had in awhile?
I didn't know The Economist was a British publication. Due to the lack of capitalization in the previous post I wrongfully assumed you meant someone who is well educated on economy like a business owner or something of that nature. Even though that mistake was made on my behalf I still feel I should answer two points as they're still worth addressing.
Quote:
If people want to be educated, they should educated themselves not expect the government to give it to them, have them take it for granted and then via social promotion be given a certificate saying they are educated despite their evidence to the contrary.
I both agree and disagree. The government should help the basic education of its people to allow them to be fully functional in the modern world. That is to say up through high school.

Quote:
Edit: Also, the economy is not tied to the strength of the dollar.
True, but the strength of the dollar is tied to the economy. If the economy plummits so does the dollar. If the dollar plummits it isn't necesarily true for the economy. America's national debt plus out sourcing putting money in other countries is damaging the national economy (although probably good for global economy) and the that is at least partially why the value of the dollar is declining.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote