Music Banter - View Single Post - 3 Step Guide To Remembering Dreams
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Exclamation 3 Step Guide To Remembering Dreams

How To Remember Your Dreams

1: Get a pen/pencil + notebook and put it right next to your bed, or wherever you may sleep.

2: Start Going to bed earlier. (Only because more sleep = more REM sleep = more dreams.)

3: When you wake up each morning or during night wright down anything that you remember from dream. (Even if its only a word, or perhaps a picture. Thats still a start)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i will tell you a few more of the methods and tricks I have read about, tried, or discovered in doing this three step method. The most important one bing do not get discouraged. It took me about one week of not remembering a single dream to get the hang of it. Also another important part is if you drink and smoke you WILL NOT remember your dreams that night mainly because dreaming is dependent of REM, which is cut off because of the substances.

Another tip (not as important as the first few, but still worthwhile) is to set your alarm six hours after lying down in bed. This should only be done if you can not remember any dreams at all when you wake up. You may wonder ??? hmm what is this doing other than waking me up? Well, it is giving you a chance to wright down any dreams you may have forgotten by morning. They will be fresher and more detailed at this hour.

Keep your sleep schedule approximately the same. Weird hours and crazy times will surely cause you not to dream as much, and certainly not remember most of it. Also for those of you who say "Well this is stupid, I do not dream!" ...That is wrong, you do. You just do not remember it like most others. Eventually you will get better and better over time, remembering small little details and actually feeling more refreshed like you just went on an adventure.

Feedback would be great. Even jsut what you thought of the advice and guide and perhaps if it worked out for you. I will also begin posting some of my favorite dreams down here.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*

Last edited by Dr_Rez; 06-24-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote