Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #82 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
Suggestion #1- Move the New Members Intro to the very top of the opening page, and have all of the Moderator's introduce themselves with a quick summary and a very basic outline of forum policy/requirements.(I know I started posting before I even stumbled across the cool intro thread in the lounge...this site is so large that it's easy to get distracted and miss something as basic and necessary as this thread.)

Suggestion #2- A Banter Octagon,,,a sub forum where members can meet to really take the gloves off so to speak,,,if you are going to allow Pish etc...then why not a proper sub forum where almost anything goes, except very demeaning personal attacks, I don't think they have any place in a public forum.

Suggestion #3- Bumping old posts...the scale of history in your forum is astonishing to a new member,,,I have gotten lost more than once just looking over some of the ancient posts scattered throughout the popular threads. Maybe the Moderators could pick a few of the really good ones that are still relevant and resurrect them for new discussion. You know Urban picks 2 or more this week, Right Track next week etc....and then eventually they can be archived or locked.
1. I agree that the section should be somewhere a bit more visible, i think most people tend to miss it. If you have Mods barking the rules at them straight away though i think they'd probably get scared off. The best users always get posting straight away and latch on quick anyway.

2. I think it's been mentioned before. I don't like the idea of it, if you're going to let people flame each other somewhere then it'll inevitable end up leaking into into other areas as well.

3. This goes on a lot of the time anyway, i'm not sure if there needs to be a rota as such but i would definitely encourage it. Feel free to bump anything good yourself of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
How about a dedicated New Members forum where all new members' posts have to go (as in they cannot post elsewhere); all would have a designated probationary period (a couple months?), and then if a special panel decides they are indeed serious posters, they are gradually integrated into the main forums.
Dude hassle!

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote