Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #89 (permalink)
Ghostrider
Music Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
First off...welcome to the forums Sasquatch.

For years I've wanted MusicBanter to develop into more than just a message board and I hope that's how others see it.
The members here are from all corners of the world and come from very different backgrounds and the idea of MB being a friendly place to visit and chat about music (predominantly) and just about anything else in 'The Lounge' can only be good for the boards.
However, your point about the "Bantering...like a family at the dinner table" is valid, although I personally think it's a good thing. I recognise that it may make some new members feel a little left out.
So, I'd like to see more current (longer standing) members make the effort to welcome the newbs and join the rest of us "at the dinner table" so to speak.
In short, MusicBanter, like music, is for everybody...with the exception of low life, scum of the earth, time wasting trolling/spamming bastards.

Suggestion 1 is a good idea and I'll see what can be done.
Maybe a section of it's own above 'The Lounge'...I'll bring it up in 'Mods'.

Number 3 would be worth doing for some of the better, older threads. It's why we created the Editors Choice forum and maybe we should move some more in there too.
Thank you Right Track for the welcome, the content you have in this forum is what convinced me to join 2 weeks ago. The repartee you enjoy with your Banter friends is a natural evolution when you spend so much time with people who enjoy the same passions as you. In my other forum it's exactly the same, 4 of us act the same as the veterans and Moderators do in Banter, because we almost know what our friends are thinking before they even post it, and have varying opinions about numerous issues too, but after the dust settles we are all still friends. Thanks for considering some of my suggestions.

Oh,,,I have to ask, if I show up at the dinner table wearing my Manchester United jersey, would I still get a pint from the keg?...
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote