Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #90 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
1. I don't agree with you about "The best users post right away and latch on quick anyway", have you noticed PMO that you have hardly any women members in your forum,,,they don't have the same attitude that the majority of members in Banter share. If you want to retain and invite new blood in here which is what Jackhammer started this thread with, then a few very small subtle changes might help accomplish that. Women pick up on things that sometimes slip past guys like us,,,a little tweak here and there and who knows what might happen. Can't hurt to try anyway.
Oh i don't know about that , There are plenty of female posters here. You might have to look out for them though not all of them have girlie type user names. Not saying there couldn't be more but i've seen much more male dominated forums than this.

Quote:
2.I'm so glad you, Right Track, Urban and Rainard don't like the "Octagon" suggestion, I don't much care for flaming/swearing etc., but I wanted you all to know that I'm not a religious fanatic or anything, I work in construction and believe me I hear enough crap every day to fill a full page of your forum.
Don't know where you got the idea that I was against it , I didn't even comment on it. As it happens something like that has been discussed in the past. In fact I raised the idea before I was modded also. I think the consensus was that this forum was pretty laid back as it is & it wasn't really needed.

Quote:
3. I suggested that one of the experienced Moderators think about this because they Know most of the really good stuff already stored in the old threads, I read a comment the other day by Urban complaining about someone resurrecting an old thread so that's why I suggested that you guys think about it. If it doesn't pan out then simply stop reviving old threads and carry on as usual.
I don't have a problem with old posts being bumped. I have a problem with people bumping loads of old polls without bothering to post. Or people bumping silly lounge discussions quoting members who left this place years ago. It's common sense really , if you want to bump an old thread then do so to create fresh discussion. I don't think it should be down to mods as any member can do this.

There's been a lot of discussion of mods this & mods that , but there are only a handful of us. A lot of the things being discussed can be taken up by the members on this forum. You don't need your name to be bolded to self moderate yourselves.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote