Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you like my accent?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #55 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
Sorry for double posting, but I just saw this, have you ever listened to someone from Tyler, Texas? Those accents are wack.

when you get into texas accents, they have difference all there own due to what region they come from,....tyler is considered east texas, and their accents are different from any other region in texas,....i'm an east texan,......

east texans have more of a drawl, and their voices tend do be softer (though i dont think my voice is soft at all,....) the letter 'i' often makes and 'a' sound,....so like,....'night' would be 'naht'

central texans have more of a clipped rythem,....

south texans are flat and can tend to be a bit nasal

west texans sound alot like south texans, only they all sound like they have dust in their throats,....i guess because they might

north texans have the least amount of twang, i always figured it was the yankee influence,....

you know, its also not just the way we say things that give us our accents, i think some of it is also our phraseing, things we say because they were passed down through the generations,.......i say old things all the time, some things i'm sure others would deam 'uneducated', but i dont think its that at all, i think its just the way i feel comfortable,......

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote