Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 AM   #92 (permalink)
Ghostrider
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Don't know where you got the idea that I was against it , I didn't even comment on it. As it happens something like that has been discussed in the past. In fact I raised the idea before I was modded also. I think the consensus was that this forum was pretty laid back as it is & it wasn't really needed.

I don't have a problem with old posts being bumped. I have a problem with people bumping loads of old polls without bothering to post. Or people bumping silly lounge discussions quoting members who left this place years ago. It's common sense really , if you want to bump an old thread then do so to create fresh discussion. I don't think it should be down to mods as any member can do this.

There's been a lot of discussion of mods this & mods that , but there are only a handful of us. A lot of the things being discussed can be taken up by the members on this forum. You don't need your name to be bolded to self moderate yourselves.
1. I simply assumed Urban that you were against the idea, or that it didn't warrant a comment, sorry for the mistaken assumption.(When you didn't comment about it and then started talking with RJ I just figured you weren't interested in the concept.)

2. Okay, I understand what you mean by bumping unnecessary threads, I was just thinking that you all must have some old favorites in the archives and could bring them back into discussion, and as I grow more comfortable in here I will definitely bump some myself.

3. All of that is true,,,but you are the Leaders of this forum, that is undisputed fact, anyone visiting here for the first time would notice instantly who's in charge. My idea of the intro by the Mods would help with the self moderating you mentioned, and just might help some members feel less hesitant about plunging into this forum.

Anyway I was just prompted by Jackhammer's request for suggestions about subtle improvements to help make the forum a little better, and thought I would participate and offer a few ideas. My comment about the women in this forum is simply an observation, a very good friend of mine wants to join Banter but feels a little unsure about it at this time. You are right though, some forums are almost 100% guys, and something is just missing when that happens, and I have noticed some prominent women members here already.
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote