Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Well you certainly showed me...
no i think this showed you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
All these bands are overrated but I feel I should argue some of these even if they're obviously tongue in cheek. Some of these statements are shockingly ignorant.

I don't really feel the Doors are overrated. I think Jim Morrison is overrated, he wasn't even a good lyricist yet he's called 'An American Poet' or whatever the nick name is. I mean Krieger was an excellent guitarist who is hardly ever discussed and Manzarek could be the most underrated keyboardist ever. Musically they were extremely cohesive and solid yet all anyone cares about is the Lizard King which is bullshit seeing as Jim wasn't that great and he was a disgusting human being.

I don't think John Lennon's music post-beatles sucked, Imagine is iconic and Jealous Guy, Grow Old With Me, songs like those have a raw and simplistic beauty to them that the Beatles rarely touched. I mean sure you had alot of Woman is the ****** of the World dated political songs that didn't age well but all the Beatles were guilty of forgettable tracks during their solo career.

The Rolling Stones released a handful of great albums and were an extremely important band who deserve to be included in the same sentence as the Beatles, The Who and Led Zeppelin. Just because they didn't have a timely break up doesn't mean we should ignore every good thing they did for music.

Nirvana? Are you serious? You're aware how huge they were during their prime right? It was Nirvanamania, they were the biggest band in the world. If Kurt Cobain hadn't died he probably wouldn't have been elevated to the status he was elevated to that's it. Smells Like Teen Spirit alone had so much more impact and success than Alice in Chains or Soundgarden could've ever hoped for. That statement was totally stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote