Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I'll give you my thoughts of your list (Including Van Halen)

21. Van Halen - I do find a delicious irony in the fact that everybody kisses Eddie Van Halens ass about how great a guitarist he is yet as soon as the guy who can't even hold a tune leaves the band they turn to shit.
A perfect example as to why all these people who go on & on & on about the 'Technicality' of the guitarist are talking out of their asses.

20. Radiohead - A couple of years ago I would have said you were insane. Now i'd agree with you. I think it's obvious (to me anyway) Radiohead are on the slide. I'm not saying they're bad , far from it. I just think the last couple of albums have been average. I think they've become predictable which is always a bad thing when your known for taking risks. I know thousands will disagree but I think sometime over the next couple of albums they're going to release an absolute stinker of a record.

19. The Grateful Dead - Never heard a single song by them

18. Snoop Dogg - I see him as a celebrity more than anything. I don't think I can remember a single song by him.

17. Coldplay - Don't even get me started on this bunch of whinging public schoolboy bores.

16. The Doors - Solid band but Morrison gets far too much credit

15. The Eagles - URGH! 70s soft rock , My idea of rock n roll hell

14. Garth Brooks - File under nobody outside the U.S. gives a flying fuck

13. John Lennon(post-Beatles) - Don't really know enough to comment other than a couple of singles. He did Fame with David Bowie , that was alright.

12. Eminem - Churning out the same old shit since the late 90s. the AC/DC of hip hop.

11. Kanye West - Typical MTV pop rapper they all sound the same to me.

10. The Rolling Stones - Done with this subject.

9. Nirvana - I'm no Nirvana lover but to put them in the same bracket as shitty bland no hopers like Alice In Chains is just cruel.

8. 2 PAC - I liked a couple of singles of course the hero worship now he's dead is annoying but he did pave the way for a lot of artists. Shame most of them were crap though.

7. Kiss - I love it how people slag off Kiss and then say they like the New York Dolls. I'm going to be contoversial now and say I loved their disco period.
You're right though , couldn't care less about them now.

6. Dave Matthews Band - See 14

5. White Stripes - What's wrong with having simple riffs? How come nobody slags off Muddy Waters or Bo Diddley for the same reason?

4. Prince - Sounding timeless is a good thing as far as i'm concerned. He's released some real dross but he also made some of the best pop records ever. I think he's more than worthy of the credit he gets.

3. Bruce Springsteen - I've never been a fan of Americana or whatever it's called. Give me some blues or soul over this any day .

2. U2 - Should be number one

#1!!!!!!!!! Mariah Carey - What's the point in having a great voice if you sing mindless dross. Mind you it was kinda funny when she went mental. Wouldn't put her as number one because I can't actually remember anyone rating her , And I just ignore her anyway.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote