Music Banter - View Single Post - Outkast anyone?
Thread: Outkast anyone?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Eltiraaz
Music Addict

In my shot down response, I had included that:

The vast majority of hip-hop and rap has gone to hell, and back, several times. However you cannot state that the entire genre is corrupt. Artists like The Fugees, they are not about any of the things you've mentioned. You are mistakenly labelling all hip-hop with the false label it gets from people like 50 Cent, and those G-Unit morons. They are not artists, they are record label formed, produced and packaged so that they can sell records, clothing, and everything else under the sun.

"hey this guy is built, he got shot nine times, lets put him in front of a microphone and tell him what to say" that is not how real music is created. However, if you've listen to half the underground hip-hop out there you'll realize that the roots of the genre are pure, and most definatley music.

There are alot of Canadian examples to this. K-OS, perfect. His music is melodical, smooth, hes got an actual voice that he uses to sing about all kinds of valid issues. Just get yout hands on "Heaven only Knows" by K-OS, I guarantee you, that you will think of underground, conscious hip hop differently.

Quote:
....you have Jet singing Cold Hard B****
Thats not a good example, that song was written about a relationship that turned sour in my opinion and the guy is realizing, well, how much of a Bitch she was. It is very hard to find rock music that has any of the derogatory, negative messages that mainstream hip-hop contains. Unless of course your talking about rap-rock, which needs to die in a corner. Fast.