Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #53 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
And abolish the IRS, DOT, FEMA, EPA, etc. I don't understand all these Ron Paul zombies insisting he's the greatest thing ever.
To Paul supporters these are all good things. It's not as if taxes, roads, and disaster relief would go away, they would just be private enterprises instead of government ones. Your road repair would go to the highest bidder not the only candidate.

Paul is a Libertarian and Libertarian's believe the free market and private citizens can do things a lot more cost effectively and efficiently then the Government can.

Paul represents a candidate that would actually have a tangible effect on day-to-day life. That's appealing to a lot of folks. More people are starting to realize there is no difference between Bush and Obama or McCain they are all in favor of government regulations, they just argue over who gets to get paid.

Rather or not Paul can do the things he promises we will never find out, but I have to say I'd much rather have a guy like him in office then 95% of the candidates I've seen in my lifetime. At least he'd try.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote