Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post

"Ron Paul is for freedom."

Probably the funniest thing I've read all day. The fact that you describe yourself as an Anarcho-Capitalist is also sort of funny, but it's more cute than anything else.
Care to state an argument, or are you just here to play games?

Quote:
Explain to me how government isn't the people? They can vote people out, they can vote people in and the only case you might have is Judicial appointees which thanks to the checks and balance system can be routed, so why do you continue to differentiate between the people and the government.
The people in the government are the ones actually making the choices. Common people are just voting people in who they think will win. See, this two party system that is dominating our government is actually taking away power from us. Nowadays we care less about who supports our beliefs and we merely vote for who supports more of our beliefs in the two parties. So the people are almost forced to vote for people who don't really represent them. So the representatives are not really representing our beliefs any more. Now if it was direct democracy of some sort, than yes, I would agree with you, but in a democratic-republic it is the government who has the power to do things and all we have is the power to vote for people who may possibly support some of our beliefs.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote