Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post

The people in the government are the ones actually making the choices. Common people are just voting people in who they think will win. See, this two party system that is dominating our government is actually taking away power from us. Nowadays we care less about who supports our beliefs and we merely vote for who supports more of our beliefs in the two parties. So the people are almost forced to vote for people who don't really represent them. So the representatives are not really representing our beliefs any more. Now if it was direct democracy of some sort, than yes, I would agree with you, but in a democratic-republic it is the government who has the power to do things and all we have is the power to vote for people who may possibly support some of our beliefs.

Well put, I've been voting for 30 years and still have not found a candidate on the state or national level that really inspires me. It's takes millions of dollars and support from one of the two big parties to be a serious candidate. That's not the way it was supposed to work.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote