Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Argument from authority fallacy

It has not been refuted economically. There are some refutes, such as the fact that no one will have a monopoly on force. Economically, many people have endorsed it.

Secondly, I supported anarcho-capitalism before I even supported Ron Paul. I was not brainwashed by Ron Paul. Ron Paul is the only candidate who represents libertarian beliefs and has a chance.

After all this attacking on me, I have yet to hear your political opinions and ideals.
Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. He never did.

Classical liberalism has existed in America since it was founded, how can you say that Anarcho-Capitalist theory has never been applied in practice when many of our founding fathers did in fact believe in it? Thankfully activist judges and congressmen did away with it over time, but it's an economic theory that has certainly influenced American politicians for over 200 years. Many institutions even today are still based in Anarcho-Capitalist theory, health care being the most obvious example.

It's also an economic theory that is inherently flawed, since it doesn't take into account the free rider problem, market distortions, the fact that all goods would not be consumed at the same rate, or any other problems that would arise in a pure capitalist society. Not to mention the fact that Anarcho-Capitalism, just in title alone, is a paradox. Capitalism doesn't simply exist by itself, the government is what grants you private property and individual rights. As an economic theory it's almost laughable. It would fall apart even sooner than pure Communism, because the detrimental affects would be felt almost immediately.

My opinions and ideals don't even matter here. We're not talking about me, we're talking about you.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote